The adidas Brand Specialist Program brings the best of the brand to life at retail, co-creating with athletes and visionaries to help adidas own the game. Rooted in sport, this people-led program leverages innovative digital tools and real relationships to turn brand experiences into sales.
adidas Regional Managers are dynamic leaders guiding the day to day of the program by mobilizing a team of highly motivated and specialized Brand Specialists to bring the brand to life in key scenes and retail locations. As an adidas Regional Manager, you’ll be an important link between the brand at HQ and what’s happening in the stores – helping to translate national priorities in locally relevant ways. Your experience in sports, brand, and culture will help you inspire your Specialists daily in the fast paced and ever-changing retail world, all while contributing to the strategic development of the program and partnering to develop seasonal campaigns.
YOUR IMPACT IN THE ROLE:
- Oversee the daily execution and successes of a team of full-time specialists.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding process to find the top candidates who will best represent the adidas brand and meet agency expectations.
- Communicate clear expectations, directives and program guidelines to your team to ensure successful metrics and targets are hit.
- Regularly evaluate market coverage plans, working with specialists and brand partners to identify opportunities and make future coverage recommendations.
- Provide regular support, feedback and coaching that encourages an always-on learning and growing mindset.
- Develop effective communication strategies to drive specialist productivity and accountability.
- Troubleshoot and drive solutions in market when challenges or barriers arise, continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned.
- Help manage and oversee team budgets, including for direct reports, work closely with the National Manager on monitoring and reconciliation.
- Assist in development of training materials, including collaboration with brand and agency partners and facilitating contributions from members of your team.
- Collate comprehensive reports pertaining to program progress and opportunities.
- Proactively funnel up specialist insights and actionable recommendations on a regular basis to add value for the brand that will help inform program direction and regular trend reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong rapport with key adidas partners.
- Collaborate with members of the internal adidas team to develop and implement campaign launch strategies.
- Execute regular market travel, providing on-the-ground coaching to specialists and developing strong rapport with key in-market stakeholders.
- Bring fresh thinking and new ideas that will enhance team experience and program impact.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Proven experience leading and managing high performing teams (minimum -2-3 years is preferred).
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape and creating in-store excellence (minimum 3 years retail experience).
- Capable of driving collaboration and leading projects from ideation through planning and execution.
- High attention to detail, plus the ability to view projects from an analytical and strategic mindset.
- The right balance of approachable and professional management style.
- Successfully navigate complex situations and build rapport across a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to understand, track and be accountable to Agency and Brand goals and objectives.
- Work independently and remotely while still feeling like you’re right next to the team.
- Inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment in a remote workplace.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on the brand and agency teams.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Ability to spend up to 25% of time on the road.
- Committed and flexible, able to work retail hours, some nights and weekends required.
- Tech savvy and socially plugged-in with the ability to adapt to new online platforms and office suites.
- A love for the game, sport drives you.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- In this position you will be an Archrival Agent, employed through the agency but representing adidas.
- You will be expected to work 40 hours a week managing a remote team that works shifting schedule of evenings and weekends.
- There is no office for this position. When you are not working from home, you will be doing site visits with your direct reports.
- You must have access to a reliable vehicle with the required insurance minimums (we’ll reimburse you for certain work-related milage).
- This role will start in August of 2022.
- Role to be based in Atlanta, DC or Miami.
HUMAN-POWERED MARKETING AT ARCHRIVAL
Archrival powers Brand Specialist + Influence for adidas and some of the best companies in the world. We believe in the transformative power of putting the right people, in the right place, at the right moment. The people behind brands are what truly make them human, and thus creating an authentic connection between company a consumer. This is Human-Powered Marketing.
We are committed to fostering a place of belonging for underrepresented and marginalized communities. We are intentional of creating equal employment opportunities to all applicants and teammates in regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Our Commitment – We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Archrival Agents believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.